Friday, 20 June 2014

Crochet with a View


Now and then you'll see a photo that makes wish you took it.

As when Ons Hekel-member Wendy Erasmus-Koutlis posted this:
(have a look at her website)

How to offset bright colours against a glorious landscape


She lives in the eastern Free State, with some of the most spectacular scenery in the country.
She hooks beautiful blankets. 


How to show off a blanket


Even directed away from the mountains, the Free State farmscape is stunning. 


How to glam up an old barb-wire fence


Suburban Pretoria, with only the tiniest hint of the Magaliesberg outside my bedroom window just doesn't compare. 

All I could do was to hook a hastily-done beanie to an equally rusted fence during our hunting trip last weekend...with a smile and a wink to Wendy ;-)

Uhm...at least it's picking up the green :-)

Love your outdoor photos, Wendy.  Keep on hooking, keep them coming!

9 comments:

Happy in red said...

Oooh, that's what I did wrong. I didn't take my crochet with me to Zuid-Afrika. How silly of me ;-)

Stel said...

Tsk, tsk :-)
Imagine the shots you could have taken from Sani Top, or Table Mountain, or or or...

Annie @ knitsofacto said...

You're right, that landscape really is the most glorious backdrop against which to photograph one's knitting or crochet. I'm thinking that maybe I should start heading for the Welsh hills to photograph mine!

Jodiebodie said...

You have such a beautiful and spectacular countryside. I love the wide spaces and big sky and the hills that seem to roll on forever into the distance.
Now you have whet my appetite, I need to visit your friend's blog. Thanks for more scenes from your land.

Stel said...

Now that would be beautiful!

Stel said...

"Ah,but your land is beautiful" (it's a book! But not a happy one).

Stel said...

Our Tourism board used the slogan "The world in one country" a few years ago - in terms of land type end vegetqation we really have it all. From sandy desert to subtropical rainforest, grassy plains to rocky highland, rock beaches white beaches golden beaches. But I was as enchanted with the changes in landscape on a road trip from Brisbane to Sydney - it was beautiful

Annette - MyRoseValley said...

Gorgeous pictures. My fave is the one with the wind mill. WHat a glorious stripy blanket!!! Thanks for sharing dear.
Xxx
Annette

Haafner said...

Oh wow - what an explosion of colours! Thanks for sharing!